|INSPIRE AWARDS(SCIENCE PROJECTS)::
INSPIRE AWARDS ::
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is a National Programme implemented by the Ministry for attraction of talent amongst students to study science and pursue career with research.
The basic objective of the programme is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitement of creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the science and technology system and R&D base.
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)" is an innovative programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology for attraction of talent to Science. The basic objective of INSPIRE is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitements of creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R&D base.
The programme was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 13th December 2008. The implementation started during 2009-10.
INSPIRE Programme covers students in the age group 10-32 years, and has five components: INSPIRE Award (for 10-15 age group), INSPIRE Internship at a science camp with opportunity for interaction with global science leaders (for 16-17 age group), INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) @ Rs 80000/ per year for continuing education at B.Sc. and M.Sc. levels (for 17-22 age group), INSPIRE Fellowship for doctoral research (for 22-27 age group) and INSPIRE faculty for assured career opportunity (for 27-32 age group).
In so far as INSPIRE Award component is concerned, Thirteen Lakh Ninety Three Thousand Three Hundred and Forty Eight INSPIRE Awards have been sanctioned till date Annexure . Under the INSPIRE Internship, as on date about 800 Science Camps have been held covering about 1.90 lakh students in the age group of 16-17 years, 40 Nobel Laureates and about 8000 resource persons participated in these camps. About 28000 scholarships for students in the age group of 17-22 years have been given and about 2900 INSPIRE Fellows in the age group of 22 -27 years have been enrolled so far. Finally, under the Faculty Award for Assured Career, 378 individuals have been awarded inspire faculty fellowship for initiating research work in various universities/ academic institutions/ laboratories in the country.
The first component, viz INSPIRE Award, is implemented centrally through the States/UTs. Under this scheme, during the five year period two students are selected from each school of the country for an INSPIRE Award of Rs.5000/- each for preparing a Science Project / Model. These awardees, who are students from classes 6th to 10th, then participate in a three tier competition: District, State and National Level. The projects exhibited are evaluated by a jury of experts. All the 28 states and 7 UTs are participating in the scheme. The scheme will continue in the 12th Five year Plan.
Merit based selection of students for INSPIRE Awards is done by the Head Master / Head Mistress / Principal of each school, who is required to send nomination of best children, having aptitude for science, with all relevant details, to the District Education Authorities, who will send these to DST through State Education Authorities. All middle and high schools in the country, (having classes 6th to 8th) including private schools, are eligible to participate in the scheme
Under the INSPIRE Award Scheme, large number of nominations, running into lakhs, have to be processed for selection of the students for INSPIRE Award. DST plans to e-manage the entire INSPIRE Award Scheme by using State-of-Art latest Information Technology which would enable e-filing of nominations by the schools across the country, its processing by the District and State authorities as well as DST in accordance with the norms of the scheme, transmission of data of selected students to the banks, credit of Award amount to the bank accounts of selected Awardees (wherever notified) or preparation of INSPIRE Award Warrants by the bank and their dispatch to the selected Awardees and all such related activities concerning implementation of the scheme, management of the data, generation of various MIS returns etc.
- DLEPC: District Level Exhibition and Project Competition,
- SLEPC: State Level Exhibition and Project Competition,
- NLEPC: National Level Exhibition and Project Competition
STATE COUNCIL OF EDUCATIONAL REASERCH AND TRAINING::
The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) Andhra Pradesh, was established on 27-07-1967,amalgamating the following institutions.
- The State Institute of Education.
- The State Bureau of Educational and Vocational Guid ance
- The State Science Education Unit.
- The State Evaluation Unit.
- To Organise in – service training for teacher educators and to teachers of Primary, Upper;Primary and Secondary Schools.
- To Act as a clearing house for ideas and information to keep the teacher educators and teachers abreast of the latest developments in the field of Education
- To Provide academic guidance to the schools through extention services.
- To Undertake studies, investigations and surveys relating to educational matters on the appraisal of educational programmes.
- To Undertake and co – ordinate action research projects on instructional practices, Educational problems etc.
- To Undertake publication of books, periodicals and Audio ,Video Material.
- To Undertake evaluation and research studies to find out the impact of educational programmes in the state.
- Preparation of curricula, syllabi, instructional material for Primary, Upper Primary, Secondary and alternative systems of education.
- Development of evaluation procedures and material, which are helpful to the practicing teachers.
- Bridging gaps between the methods and techniques advocated in training and the actual classroom practices.
- Dissemination of knowledge relating to improved methods and techniques to be followed by educational institutions.
- Co-ordination with national and international Organization In academic programs.
- Resource support to implement the Academic Policies laid down by the Government.
- Organization of orientation programs for the professional growth of teachers, teachers-educators, supervisor's etc.
- Publication of journals, Periodicals, Books.
- To develope new courses in Teacher Education.
- To frame and revice curriculum of teacher Education courses periodically.
- To conduct teacher education courses to untrained teachers through distance mode.
- The different departments of SCERT have taken up activities to gear to the functions of the organization. The functions of the various departments inthe recent past are detailed in the forth Coming page.
- Dept.of Maths&Science
- Dept.of Library
- Dept.of Population Education
- Dept.of Educational Technology, ICT&Computer Education
- Dept.of Educational Foundations
- Diplomo in Elementary Educational course(D.Ed)
Dept.of Curriculalm&Text books
Dept.of Social &Vocational Education
Dept. of Educational Planning ,Statistica &Evaluation
- Language Pandit Training COurse(LPT)